Over the past two years, we have learned how much can be accomplished for our members – virtually. This was not an easy decision but one that was best for our members and our team. A few of the reasons we are extremely excited about this move:
Members – Our goal is to provide the best in financial services to help our members. The Duncan Office, which opened in 2016, was an immediate response to serve our membership following Sealed Air Corp.’s abrupt decision to relocate from Duncan to Charlotte. Six year later, we’ve seen a significant increase in online banking as fewer people are relying on face-to-face help at the local branch. In addition, more of our membership is living and working along the S.C. 417 corridor in central Greenville and Spartanburg counties.
Financial Strength – As a credit union, we actively seek ways in which we can be good stewards of our members’ money. Reducing the high cost of operating this physical location allows us to reinvest those expenses into ways that improve your experience like our digital channels. We are a strong financial cooperative and this decision will allow us to be even stronger while focused on growth opportunities for continuous improvement.
Team – With one central SC location in Simpsonville, this opportunity will give our team more flexibility in the hours they are able to work. Much like our members, the Secured Advantage team has busy lives and unique, personal situations. Plus, it will be a collaborative workplace with a sense of belonging and place as we serve our fast-growing memberships in The Upstate.
When is the Duncan Office closing?
The last day of operations will be October 31, 2022. The lobby will close to traffic (as we did during COVID protocol) on September 1, 2022.
Will all staff be retained when the Duncan Office closes?
Our Duncan staff are being transitioned to the Simpsonville Office. As we anticipate the needs of our membership to grow, we are excited to continue to grow our staff and offer even better service to our members.
Will the hours change at the Simpsonville Office?
Branch hours will remain the same in Simpsonville as they have been in Duncan:
M-F 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM
May I still call the number associated with the Duncan Office?
Yes! You may continue to call the Duncan phone number, 864.916.2650, to reach the staff you know and love.
Will a new branch be opening?
Not at this time. While we are not ruling out that possibility in the future, Secured Advantage is referring all members to use our Simpsonville Office as well as our online and mobile banking applications. Also, as a member of Secured Advantage, you have access to more than 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches. It’s easy to find a convenient location near you.
I have questions on my account, what should I do?
We look forward to speaking with you and answering any questions about this exciting change. Please choose the most convenient method below:
- Visit securedadvantagefcu.com/contact-us to send a secure message.
- Schedule an appointment by calling 800.463.5153 to discuss any questions you may have with a Secured Advantage representative.
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How will this closure affect my membership or accounts?
There will be no changes to your membership. You will continue to have the same personal experience that you’re used to.
How can I best prepare for the branch closure?
We are available to discuss any questions, concerns, or advice on how to best prepare for this branch closure. Our goal is to make this transition as convenient and stress free as possible. A few ways you can best prepare:
- Enroll in online banking. This is a simple, easy way to monitor your accounts, make transfers, and view statements.
- Download the Secured Advantage Mobile App to enjoy the convenience of banking at your fingertips. Once downloaded, you may use your online banking username and password to sign-in.
- Find a Shared Branch near you. As a member of Secured Advantage, you have access to more than 5,000 shared branches, which means you have more direct access to your money than most traditional bank customers do.
- Need an ATM? Use our ATM locator. You have access to more than 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide as a member of Secured Advantage.
How can I transfer my money online?
- To transfer money between Secured Advantage accounts:
- Log into Online Banking and click transfer
- Log into the Secured Advantage mobile app and click transfer
- Call us at 800.598.8964
How to deposit a check?
- Log into the Secured Advantage mobile app.
- Click Deposit
- Endorse check (Signature + For remote deposit to Secured Advantage FCU)
- Deposit checks 24/7 at thousands of surcharge free ATMs through the Co-op network
- In Branch at our Simpsonville Office
- Mail in your check deposit to PO Box 1539, Simpsonville, S.C. 29681
- Place your check in our night deposit box located at our Simpsonville Office
How to deposit cash?
- Deposit cash 24/7 at thousands of surcharge free ATMs through the Co-op network
- Visit us at our Simpsonville Office
- Utilize the night deposit box located at our Simpsonville Office
How to find an ATM?
- Secured Advantage has ATMs located at our main Simpsonville branch
- Use the convenient link located on our website and the Secured Advantage App
- Download the Co-op app to locate thousands of surcharge-free ATMs
How can I pay my bills?
- Pay your bills conveniently with Bill Pay found in online banking
- Purchase personal checks
- Purchase temporary checks/teller checks printed instantly at our Simpsonville Office
- Send us a secure messaging request at securedadvantagefcu.com/contact-us/